We realise that we all have issues in our lives that may affect our health in some way. We can provide support and access to other services that can help you improve your health. We can help you
- feel happier and reduce stress
- stop smoking, eat healthier, get fit and help manage your weight
- deal with alcohol problems
- emotional and psychological support for all matters of things – like family problems, divorce, building confidence and self-esteem – and they can put you in touch with the right people (like bereavement counsellors)
- money, housing and transport problems
- if your generally feeling lonely and alone.
The Health Trainers in Bradford come from a variety of backgrounds and live or work in the Bradford district. We have male and female health trainers and we will try to match you up with someone that you would feel most comfortable talking to. We also have health trainers who can speak a range of community languages.
Why not just visit us and check us out. You’ll have a one-to-one session with a Health Trainer. It is sometimes hard to make a change by yourself. We can help you set health goals and support you to achieve them. You may want to control your weight, get fitter, have a healthier diet or quit smoking. Or, you may want to reduce your stress levels or just feel better about yourself.
What can I expect from a health trainer?
- A free confidential service.
- One to one support.
- A session can last up to an hour. This will give you time to discuss any issues that you feel are affecting your health and the chance to look at positive solutions.
- We can provide up to 6 sessions if you need them.
- You may be introduced to a new organisation or activities, and if you with it may be possible for us to accompany you on the first visit.
How can I get to see a Health Trainer?
Health trainers are based in a variety of settings – we have them based at Ashcroft Surgery itself. There are other health trainers available in a number of locations (including community centres, educational and leisure premises, and in work places.
For more information or to make an appointment, contact the health trainer helpline on 01274 777 527 or email: email@example.com